The Ability to Sustain Weight Loss
The fact that you have been able to lose a bit of weight is just the beginning of the battle. You have to keep that weight off and here are the methods that you can use to keep it off:
Make exercise a part of your lifestyle. You should be looking to completely transform the way that you live in order to sustain the weight loss that you have achieved so far. For example you might decide that the junk food is no longer on the menu and instead concentrate on the healthy eating outlets. You might join the organic movement and will move away from processed food. You will start to exercise on a regular basis without the burden of targets. You will also learn to spot the types of habits that can take you back into the bad old days.
- Prioritize healthy living habits. This is where you work out your priorities in such a way that they are reflecting your new lifestyle. It is not seemly for you to give up so quickly after achieving such a great victory. The media has rather malicious stories of celebrities that have lost the weight and then put it all back on. This is a very disappointing development that you should be ashamed about rather than just persisting in the bad old habits.
- Review your efforts to see whether they are still challenging to you. This is such an important aspect of a long term weight loss program. You will be putting in the hours but there is no guarantee that you will be doing the right things. Therefore you should make the efforts to review your efforts regularly so that you can correct the mistakes before they blow up.
- Make sure that you have a contingency plan for the downtimes. It is not possible to have full concentration on your weight loss program for the entire time that you are on it. Therefore you have to have some sort of recovery mechanism that is triggered when the going gets tough. This will help you to manage the different elements of the dynamics without losing your soul.
- Consult and consort with people that are in a similar situation to yours. They will be able to share experiences and give you practical advice on how you can sustain your weight loss program. You should not be too proud to take advice for people that know a bit more about the process of losing weight. In the end you will have a community that understands your issues.
- Keep reminders of how overweight you were so that they can motivate you. These can be photographs or old clothes that can remind you of how bad it can be if you do not sustain consistency in your weight loss program. These are the things that you will need to look at on a regular basis if you are going to be successful.